Monday, April 13, 2009

Do You Ever Crave Books?


I locked myself out of my house for a few hours the other day and randomly picked up a used copy of "The Golden Compass" at the store to pass the time until more responsible people (with keys) happened by. I hadn't read the series in a few years and had forgotten about it until a customer came in looking for them. A little young adult fantasy seemed like just the thing to make an otherwise irritating afternoon go by.

Fastforward to that night. I was back in my house (thankfully) and couldn't seem to put the book down. I mean, it's a good book and all, but there was some...some...force that just compelled me to keep reading. 

The problem, you see, was that I only had the first book in the series.

By the time I finished it around midnight, I was craving the second book so bad I could hardly fall asleep. What's a girl to do? This girl went directly to the library the next morning and checked out the other two books in the series. Which are now being read at an only slightly less frantic pace.

This ever happen to you?

No comments: